RPG Shooter: Appropriate or not?


I've heard lots of whining and complaining from young gamers that their parents discourage them from playing shooting games in their home or in their local cyber cafe- they call it inappropriate. 'Inappropriate' in the sense that it has too much bloodshed, too much gory. 'What will my child get from playing these' is the question of every parent.

I don't disagree with the fact that it doesn't have a lot of bloodshed, vulgar terms, gory, etc. In my own personal opinion- I have seen hoards of RPG shooter gamers more rude and agressive in nature than the ones who play cricket, baseball, mystery games, etc. I guess young gamers get into the game character very much these days. It'd have been completely okay if the barrier between the real and the virtual world existed.

I will be neutral in this topic because both the parties (the parents and the children) are correct in their own sense. Let me begin with parents. They are true with their claim- I'd like to ask all parents to check the violence rating at the back of the RPG game you are buying for your kid. You may also wish to ask the dealer about the game if it is appropriate for your child. I suggest no parent to buy their child a violent game before they have reached 10 years of age. This is because the tender age catches these rude words and violence easily, hence they'll start to get aggressive as they grow. Perhaps you may buy them good car games like Need For Speed, Muscle Car 3, etc. If your child is 12.6 or 13+, you can safely hand over a Hitman series game.

Now I will come to speak as a young gamer. If I have to give a reason- I would say that mental maturity comes from these same RPG games because one is using his brain and utilizing the power of thinking, the greatest ability of man. You, as a gamer, know when to shoot and when to claim ceasefire. Responsibility also grows. In some shooting games, a gamer is appointed as a captain as a leader of a specific combat team. It'd be shameful for a leader to lose, won't it? So the child plays with his full heart and tries not to lose.

Though there are lot of reasons of oppose, there are (3) main things that a child gains- mental maturity and responsibility and the determination to keep trying. I have just one advice for you all- play, but don't get into the game character too much. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Good Class Monitor: The Dummy's Guide!

Top 10 reasons students use as a reason for being absent- which are actually false!

An Interview with Siddharth Slathia: A Budding Vocalist and Songster