Getting the kite off the tree!


Well, the title seems a bit odd, doesn't it? I'm definitely not going to write a long and boring article on how to get a kite which is strangled in a faraway tree but rather I'm going to share a short experience from one of the days of my life, and will tell you how to use the concept in your lives.

So here it starts: I just had my shower, and combed my hair, when a sudden urge inside me uprooted me from the sofa in my dining room to my terrace. A gust of chilly wind struck down on me. I turned to see another part of the horizon, when I noticed there was a kite hanging on the coconut tree beside our home. Well, I'd be frank, I love "stealing" abandoned kites and kites that got stuck somewhere. And to my surprise, the thread (called "Manja" or "Manjha" in India) passed over our homes (actually, who doesn't like freebies?). That was it. I ran to catch the thread, pulled. Nothing. I tried to pull harder, but my palms got reddish more and more, each time I tried. No matter how much force I applied, the kite didn't just come off.

I left the thread. It was vague to try like that. I had to re-think. I scratched my head (I don't know why people do this- it may be a way to show that people are thinking real hard in films) and walked a few metres when an idea caught my mind. How about trying with tying the thread to my legs?

The idea actually worked. I tied the thread over my legs with two knots, so it didn't loosen off. I started to walk. It put a lot of pressure on the kite and it finally dropped from coconut tree.

Well, I didn't actually want to emphasize the last part, but rather the upcoming note. We all are messed up sometimes with our lives, where nothing seems to work. What do we do then? Wait and calm yourself! Think. Try an alternative way and you're bound to find success.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Good Class Monitor: The Dummy's Guide!

Top 10 reasons students use as a reason for being absent- which are actually false!

An Interview with Siddharth Slathia: A Budding Vocalist and Songster