Smoke more to get back money: Mamata Banerjee

I was shocked to find that the Chief Minister of my state, Ms. Mamata Banerjee, encouraging people to smoke. And all this smoking for a reason: Refund money of poor people who lost their fortunes in the Saradha Chit Fund scam. This, according to me, has crossed the limit. I don't write on political circumstances much, but I had to. I had to express my voice against this. I will discuss how smoking will gather revenue for the state, too. Truly, politics has gone wild.

For those who are not aware of what the Saradha Chit Fund is, it is a chit fund company that has gone bust and locked down. Hundreds of thousands of angry depositors have already ransacked Saradha Group offices. Agents who couldn't pay back their clients committed suicide, too.

The state has a 10% tax for smoking. The revenue gathered from the taxes will be used to "repay" poor people. Instead of actually repaying, it'll be used to bail out Sudipta Sen, the owner of the Saradha group.

Is this what true politics is? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Good Class Monitor: The Dummy's Guide!

Top 10 reasons students use as a reason for being absent- which are actually false!

An Interview with Siddharth Slathia: A Budding Vocalist and Songster